Halloween will be here before you know it! We always have fall projects on the blog so I thought I’d change it up today and make a cute Halloween one. I’m not into the gross you out kinda Halloween…..give me all the pumpkins & mums and I’m good. Now the kids and my husband love it. This is just an easy one that the kids can even help you with. We are going to turn one of these basic pumpkins into a black cat that lights up. He glows orange when the battery pack is on. The kids even said it really looks like a creepy black cat.
Grab you one of the foam pumpkins from the dollar tree and also a battery pack of lights and we will get started.
- foam pumpkin from Dollar Tree
- battery pack of lights from Dollar Tree
- black paint
- gold or yellow paint
- exacto knife
- small piece of cardboard
- Start by painting your pumpkin black. I used spray paint first but just cover really well with black paint so orange doesn’t show through.
2. Cut out a hole in the top for the batter pack of lights.
3. Cut out 2 small lines for the center of the cat’s eyes.
4. Paint the eyes with gold or yellow paint….leaving the lines you cut black.
5. Cut small triangles out for his ears and bend them in center. I covered mine in black construction paper but later painted to match.
5. Glue the ears on the top of the pumpkin with hot glue.
Place your battery pack inside and light them up. These from dollar tree were in the Halloween section and glow an orange color.
CLICK on the red Pinterest button on the photo so its saved to your Pinterest for later.
In case you want to make another cute Halloween project….here is the blog post.